The worksheet was designed to have students practicing verbs in the present and reflecting on idioms figurative meaning. The topic is love and indifference. It is a great resourse to have students focusing on simple present forms of verbs for all persons and introducing figurative meaning of idioms about love.
1. First have students doing exercise 1 and then elicit the right answers from a student.
2. Have students listening to the song and filling in the blanks with some verbs from the chart.
3. Have students listening to the song one more time to let them check if they got the correct answers. (Consider that not all students are at the same level of English language. If it is necessary, play the song one more time)
4. Then, elicit the correct answers from the class.
5. Have students working in pairs and doing exercise 3. It is a great resource to develop language awareness.
6. Have students singing the song. You will have to guide them. Since everyone enjoys singing it will be really motivating.